Warm Weather Activities in Wilmington, NC
As the April showers begin to let up, seeing sandals and shorts is your sign that the warm weather is back in town! With more people venturing out, it’s the perfect time to enjoy the activities you’ve been longing for. Whether you’re with friends, family, or looking for some solo adventure, Wilmington, NC offers a plethora of activities to add to your bucket list. It’s time to swap out your winter clothes for swimwear and embrace the sunshine and adventures.
If you have young children, the panic might be settling in from all the potential energy your kids will have this summer. But don’t fret, get the shoes on and the sunscreen applied! There are lots of things to do with kids in Wilmington, NC that will match their energy.
- The Children’s Museum of Wilmington: The child-catered museum is engaging and full of opportunities for kids to learn.
- Wilmington Railroad Museum: If you’ve got a kid with a train obsession, this is the place to be!
- Flip N Fly: Great for kids and pre-teens to use up all their energy at the trampoline park.
- Jungle Rapids: This waterpark has more than just water slides, check out the laser tag, arcade, and much more.
- NC Aquarium: From toddler story time to the adventure reef play structure, this aquarium has it all.
If you’re in the young adult age group, there are plenty of great spots and activities that are worth checking out. You might be looking for a chill weekend vibe, or a going-out experience to match your new summer clothes. Either way, Wilmington, NC, has it!
- Wilmington Riverwalk: The 2-mile coastal view is worth the walk!
- Breweries in Wilmington: Having a beer next to the beach is the best welcome to warm weather.
- Attend a concert: Greenfield Lake Amphitheater and Live Oak Bank Pavilion are two Wilmington venues that feature incredible shows from artists you love. You can jam out to famous artists like Dave Matthews Band, Sierra Ferrell, Boygenius, and more.
- Wrightsville Beach: A place to surf while enjoying clear waters and white beaches.
- Kure Beach: Maybe you want to fish, walk on a pier, or just enjoy a quieter beach.
- Carolina Beach: The place for swimming, fishing, and outdoor activities for young adults and families.
- Jungle Rapids: Enjoy the water park with friends or family!
- Wilmington Water Tours: Take a cruise at sunset to enjoy Wilmington, NC on the water.
- Feel Good Fishing: Charters & Adventures: Take a fishing trip to see what you can catch.
The warm weather is here to stay, so it is time to pack away your winter clothing. When you go to place your winter clothes in your closet you might notice a lack of space. Don’t hesitate to wear your summer shorts to take your winter coats to Go Store It. Go Store It can help you make the space to invite in all the summer vibes! Check out our Wilmington, NC, storage facilities, or give us a call and welcome in the warm weather.